It's Friday again and I find myself quite dreamy. I was reading Arin's blog today and I began to wonder what our dream jobs would be like if all we had to do was pick them out of a hat. I'll take that one, that one, and thiiiiis one.
Here's what I came up with:
- Arin: she would own a wooden instrument shop, surrounding herself in cellos, violins, basses, etc... Days filled with humming strings and whiffs of orange oil.
- Ron: would be the King of Canada, of course!
- Ceri: she would host her own top-rated show on the CBC radio, interviewing famous people and presenting interesting material. She would be destined to be the next Peter Gzowski. By night, she would be playing saxophone in a band that would regularly perform for the Queen at all her high-brow events.
- Scarlet: her Witchcraft school would be her main focus, so overrun with students that she would be running it full-time.
- Bill: she would replace the two current hosts on the Electric Playground, spending her days trying out new games and flirting with various gamer geeks at the E3 conventions.
- Sue-Bob: would be the head photographer for the company that produces the Fireman's calendar.
- Lisa: would help Sue with the processing of the film of the scantily-clad firemen.
- Stephen: he and Dina would own a wee Bed and Breakfast in the Eastern Townships or Nova Scotia. And when the guests would be out and Consuella would be preparing the rooms, they would collaborate on writing gaming books for Wizards of the Coast.
- LightSpeedChick: would own her own driving school, specializing in the aggressive driving styles used by secret agents from around the world.
- Paul: would live his life as a professional soccer player, playing in all the professional fields of the world.
- Jane: would be a caped crusader that would take down evil and inefficient governments worldwide.
- Toast: would design book covers and CD covers for the Canadian cultural elite.
- Michel: would be stuck on a craggy face of some mountain somewhere, wondering how he got himself into such a mess, and loving it.
- Maggie: would be the head of worldwide sales at Hello Kitty headquarters.
- Blork: would be the official taster at the Ritz Carleton. He would also check to see if the arrangement of foods upon the plate was juuuuuust right.
- Lyrae: would be Montreal's top socialite, attending only the poshest of affairs and speaking with the finest people. But at night, she would transform herself into Miss Julie, the Queen of the Blues clubs, setting the night aflame with her crooning voice and sensuality.
- Me: I would own my own theatre, direct some of the plays performed therein, and hold nights of storytelling. I would also tour the world, one storytelling festival at a time.
So? Was I far off?